During the summer of 2010, I interned for the retirement community’s marketing department and the Penney Memorial Church cemetery committee to re-engage families of deceased residents, and fund raise for the cemetery upkeep.
- Established an outreach campaign to reconnect past residents’ families with the community.
- Pitched the community’s cemetery committee fundraising efforts to the engaged audience.
Here is a sample of the letter that I sent to help raise funds for the cemetery:
McKillop Law Firm
I open new files, order title requests and obtain recorded documents needed to verify clear titles. I try to take the tedious jobs off the closers so they have time to focus on the closings, not accounting and administrative issues.
- Order title searches for clients’ new acquisitions, obtain documents (i.e., tax deed and foreclosure court documents) to verify clean titles.
- Assist with other data entry, accounting and administrative duties.
I took on what was supposed to be a short-term project for JWB Real Estate Capital, and with no prior knowledge in how to petition Duval County for lower property taxes, saved JWB almost $60,000 in taxes for 2015. By the time I was done with that project, I was also verifying the rental history of prospective renters for JWB’s leasing office, organizing and posting property management invoices for the accounting department, and helping its law firm partner with JWB-related acquisitions and sales. JWB has recently requested my help with the 2016 tax petitions as well.
- Petitioned county on behalf of JWB and their clients to reduce property taxes, saved almost $60,000.
- Contact current and former landlords to verify rental history of potential renters, helped leasing agent team rent 97 homes in February alone.
- Charge invoices to the correct client accounts for property management team (100 per week).
I wrote the copy for the condo association, creating content that attracts potential UF and Santa Fe student renters located in Gainesville, FL.
As a global health intern, I worked for clients such as the Swiss nutrition think tank Sight and Life, the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the ROTA Council.
- Social Media
- Researched and compiled daily tweets (3-7/day) and Facebook posts about global nutrition news articles for nutrition think tank client
- Created tweets to follow special events, conferences, advocacy days
- Generated drumbeat social media for multiple clients (avg. 21 tweets, 3 Facebook posts/week)
- Event Planning (in Rome, Italy)
- Researched and compiled invite list (1,500+ invitees)
- Distributed invitation and notifications
- Tracked RSVPs, shuttle service needs of attendees and invite lists
- Verified nametags for correct spellings of names and organizations for over 200 guests (included Ministers of Health, UN officials, and other global nutrition experts)
- Media Monitoring
- Tracked media coverage for various clients
- Updated media contact lists (domestic and international contacts)
- Drafted memo to client on introducing vaccines in Islamic countries
- Took notes during interviews for client bios
- Copyedited memos, editorials, etc. for various clients
- Halal vs. Haram vaccinations in Islamic countries
- Global health influencers – conferences attended, organizations in which involved, etc.
- Global health, nutrition and agriculture editorial calendar for clients
- Country briefs (i.e., Nigeria, China, Brazil, Zambia)