McKillop Law Firm
I open new files, order title requests and obtain recorded documents needed to verify clear titles. I try to take the tedious jobs off the closers so they have time to focus on the closings, not accounting and administrative issues.
- Order title searches for clients’ new acquisitions, obtain documents (i.e., tax deed and foreclosure court documents) to verify clean titles.
- Assist with other data entry, accounting and administrative duties.
I took on what was supposed to be a short-term project for JWB Real Estate Capital, and with no prior knowledge in how to petition Duval County for lower property taxes, saved JWB almost $60,000 in taxes for 2015. By the time I was done with that project, I was also verifying the rental history of prospective renters for JWB’s leasing office, organizing and posting property management invoices for the accounting department, and helping its law firm partner with JWB-related acquisitions and sales. JWB has recently requested my help with the 2016 tax petitions as well.
- Petitioned county on behalf of JWB and their clients to reduce property taxes, saved almost $60,000.
- Contact current and former landlords to verify rental history of potential renters, helped leasing agent team rent 97 homes in February alone.
- Charge invoices to the correct client accounts for property management team (100 per week).
I wrote the copy for the condo association, creating content that attracts potential UF and Santa Fe student renters located in Gainesville, FL.
I developed specialized media lists – using Cisionpoint and Meltwater software – for my employer’s clients, the main client being early childhood education nonprofit Zero to Three. I tracked early childhood education trends in the media, flagged the most relevant articles, noted the journalists that the organization should follow, and recommended articles to post on social media. Each month I compiled a list of impressions and the estimated viewership of every article in which Zero to Three was mentioned.
I also created specialized media lists used to pitch press releases and upcoming events for organizations like Voices for National Service, the Foundation for Ethnic Understanding and the National Conference on Citizenship.
- Researched and compiled specialized lists of current reporters who focus on client’s issues.
- Provided weekly updates on media landscape.
- Researched and recommended media contacts specializing in client’s issues.
- Pitched press releases and conference events to local and national media outlets.