During the summer of 2010, I interned for the retirement community’s marketing department and the Penney Memorial Church cemetery committee to re-engage families of deceased residents, and fund raise for the cemetery upkeep.
- Established an outreach campaign to reconnect past residents’ families with the community.
- Pitched the community’s cemetery committee fundraising efforts to the engaged audience.
Here is a sample of the letter that I sent to help raise funds for the cemetery:
Here is a sample of the weekly social media content I would create to generate traffic to my client Sight and Life‘s website.
Sight and Life Tweets_December 1-7_2014
Here is a sample of the weekly tweets I would create to generate traffic to my client Vitamins in Motion‘s website.
Vitamins in Motion Tweets_Nov.17-23
I wrote the copy for the condo association, creating content that attracts potential UF and Santa Fe student renters located in Gainesville, FL.
After my sophomore year at the University of Florida, I spent the summer interning at FleishmanHillard in Washington, D.C. My main project involved researching civic organizations (i.e., Rotary Clubs, Kiwanis Clubs) around the country that may be interested in having soldiers come speak to them about their experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan. I then cold called each organization and pitched the idea of having our soldiers come speak at their organization meetings. My clients were the Department of Defense and the U.S. Army.
- Drafted media pitches for radio segments; edited radio clips to make a compilation CD.
- Tracked clients’ earned media coverage.
- Pitched and coordinated speaking events throughout the country for military clients.
After spending a summer as a marketing outreach intern at Penney Retirement Community, I took a temporary part-time housekeeper position, and within two months, became an assisted living facility attendant with the highest medication administration certification score (100%) of all attendants and certified nursing assistants working for the retirement community. Ten months after taking the housekeeping position, I was running Penmor Place, one of the three assisted living facilities on campus.
- Managed and marketed an assisted living facility in a 500-resident continuing care retirement community; maintained at least 96 percent occupancy.
- Earned 103 percent of projected revenue due to higher occupancy and diligent budgeting.
- Scheduled 24/7 staffing calendar, delegated duties, on-call for emergencies.
- Interviewed, hired, trained, evaluated and fired employees.