In 2014, client Sight and Life, along with the International Society for Implementation Science in Nutrition, held its third annual reception in Rome, Italy. Here are samples of the reception invitation, event reminder and post-event emails I sent out to the invitees using both Formstack and CampaignMonitor.
Invitation_Rome Reception 2014
Post Event Email_Rome Reception 2014
Here is a sample of my secured speaking events for “Why We Serve”, a Department of Defense initiative to inform the American public of the personal experiences our military have had while serving over seas. I contacted civic organizations within several states to pitch the chance to have a military spokesperson come speak at one of their events.
WEEKLY ACTIVITY REPORT 15 June – 21 June
As a global health intern, I worked for clients such as the Swiss nutrition think tank Sight and Life, the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the ROTA Council.
- Social Media
- Researched and compiled daily tweets (3-7/day) and Facebook posts about global nutrition news articles for nutrition think tank client
- Created tweets to follow special events, conferences, advocacy days
- Generated drumbeat social media for multiple clients (avg. 21 tweets, 3 Facebook posts/week)
- Event Planning (in Rome, Italy)
- Researched and compiled invite list (1,500+ invitees)
- Distributed invitation and notifications
- Tracked RSVPs, shuttle service needs of attendees and invite lists
- Verified nametags for correct spellings of names and organizations for over 200 guests (included Ministers of Health, UN officials, and other global nutrition experts)
- Media Monitoring
- Tracked media coverage for various clients
- Updated media contact lists (domestic and international contacts)
- Drafted memo to client on introducing vaccines in Islamic countries
- Took notes during interviews for client bios
- Copyedited memos, editorials, etc. for various clients
- Halal vs. Haram vaccinations in Islamic countries
- Global health influencers – conferences attended, organizations in which involved, etc.
- Global health, nutrition and agriculture editorial calendar for clients
- Country briefs (i.e., Nigeria, China, Brazil, Zambia)
After my sophomore year at the University of Florida, I spent the summer interning at FleishmanHillard in Washington, D.C. My main project involved researching civic organizations (i.e., Rotary Clubs, Kiwanis Clubs) around the country that may be interested in having soldiers come speak to them about their experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan. I then cold called each organization and pitched the idea of having our soldiers come speak at their organization meetings. My clients were the Department of Defense and the U.S. Army.
- Drafted media pitches for radio segments; edited radio clips to make a compilation CD.
- Tracked clients’ earned media coverage.
- Pitched and coordinated speaking events throughout the country for military clients.
After spending a summer as a marketing outreach intern at Penney Retirement Community, I took a temporary part-time housekeeper position, and within two months, became an assisted living facility attendant with the highest medication administration certification score (100%) of all attendants and certified nursing assistants working for the retirement community. Ten months after taking the housekeeping position, I was running Penmor Place, one of the three assisted living facilities on campus.
- Managed and marketed an assisted living facility in a 500-resident continuing care retirement community; maintained at least 96 percent occupancy.
- Earned 103 percent of projected revenue due to higher occupancy and diligent budgeting.
- Scheduled 24/7 staffing calendar, delegated duties, on-call for emergencies.
- Interviewed, hired, trained, evaluated and fired employees.