“Operation Tribute to Freedom” was a U.S. Army campaign to thank soldiers who had served in Iraq and Afghanistan. This is a media alert I drafted for one of the tribute events.
11 July Conn Defenders Alert DRAFT11 July Conn Defenders Alert DRAFT
During the summer of 2010, I interned for the retirement community’s marketing department and the Penney Memorial Church cemetery committee to re-engage families of deceased residents, and fund raise for the cemetery upkeep.
- Established an outreach campaign to reconnect past residents’ families with the community.
- Pitched the community’s cemetery committee fundraising efforts to the engaged audience.
Here is a sample of the letter that I sent to help raise funds for the cemetery:
I wrote the copy for the condo association, creating content that attracts potential UF and Santa Fe student renters located in Gainesville, FL.
As a global health intern, I worked for clients such as the Swiss nutrition think tank Sight and Life, the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the ROTA Council.
- Social Media
- Researched and compiled daily tweets (3-7/day) and Facebook posts about global nutrition news articles for nutrition think tank client
- Created tweets to follow special events, conferences, advocacy days
- Generated drumbeat social media for multiple clients (avg. 21 tweets, 3 Facebook posts/week)
- Event Planning (in Rome, Italy)
- Researched and compiled invite list (1,500+ invitees)
- Distributed invitation and notifications
- Tracked RSVPs, shuttle service needs of attendees and invite lists
- Verified nametags for correct spellings of names and organizations for over 200 guests (included Ministers of Health, UN officials, and other global nutrition experts)
- Media Monitoring
- Tracked media coverage for various clients
- Updated media contact lists (domestic and international contacts)
- Drafted memo to client on introducing vaccines in Islamic countries
- Took notes during interviews for client bios
- Copyedited memos, editorials, etc. for various clients
- Halal vs. Haram vaccinations in Islamic countries
- Global health influencers – conferences attended, organizations in which involved, etc.
- Global health, nutrition and agriculture editorial calendar for clients
- Country briefs (i.e., Nigeria, China, Brazil, Zambia)